Millwright, Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada (Job Has Expired)
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, Millwrights are responsible for supporting the Oil Sands Operations by safely maintaining the heavy equipment in the Mine Equipment Maintenance Department to ensure optimum reliability and availability
- Repair electric/hydraulic shovels in a dynamic field environment
- Conduct preventive and planned maintenance inspections and running repairs on equipment
- Perform major outage work aligning gearboxes with electric motors
- Operation of equipment necessary to support equipment repairs
- Coach and mentor apprentice millwrights
Suncor is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals
Education and Experience:
- Alberta Journeyman or Interprovincial Red Seal Millwright Certification
- High School diploma or GED accredited by a provincial board of education
- Valid driver's license with no suspensions and no more thantwo convictions in the lasttwo years
- Experience maintaining mine support equipment is preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Astrong safety focus and exceptional safety record
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse trades team environment in a safety focused
- Position is based at Suncor Energy Inc.'s Steepbank Mine in Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Please note that no camp accommodations or flights are provided
- Shift schedule is a 6 on 6 off rotation (3 days, 3 nights, 6 off); 12 hour shifts
- Bus transportation is provided from Fort McMurray to Suncor Site
- All tools and safety gear is provided as well as an annual equipment premium for safety boots
- Rate of pay is $55.28 per hour
Go ahead. Expect big. At Suncor, you will work with some of the biggest equipment on the planet, or with some of the top technology around. We'll provide great salary and benefits and offer training to develop your skills.
At the end of the day, you'll take pride in seeing what you and your team have accomplished. But don't just take our word for it. Go ahead. Find out why your peers chose Suncor
ABOUT FORT MCMURRAY
Fort McMurray is a northern Canadian city rich in resources and cultural diversity nestled in the Boreal Forest in Wood Buffalo. Explore what Fort McMurray has to offer - from its stunning natural environment and multicultural community, to its quiet neighbourhoods.
Find out more about living and working in Fort McMurray at goaheadfortmac.com
Suncor Energy combines a leading position in oil sands with complementary operations in refining and marketing, North American natural gas production and conventional oil production internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
Our use of innovative technology has made us an industry leader in the energy business - and with a strong strategy for growth, Suncor offers a solid foundation for you to apply and build on your skills. We're also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities where we operate - including yours.
As an employer, Suncor is one of the best companies in Canada, providing tremendous future potential where talented people are rewarded for their work. As our business evolves, so do our employment opportunities. Our work culture includes a dynamic mix of newcomers and experienced professionals, with a diversity of skills and expertise from all parts of Canada.
Learn more about why our employees choose Suncor
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity? Follow Suncor on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.