Carpenter, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Job Description
K. Reid Renovations Ltd. is an established Toronto-based renovation company with extensive experience in the construction industry. We specialize in plaster, dry wall, custom tiling, custom crown molding and specialty historic restoration. Our work has been recognized by some of the biggest renovation companies in Toronto and we have experience working on small, medium and large-scale projects.

We are looking to hire a skilled carpenter with experience in both rough and finish carpentry, in a permanent and full-time position. The position will be based out of our office and workshop located at 229 Pannahill Road – Suite 6, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3H 4N9, but due to the nature of the position, the carpenter will be required to frequently travel to client sites in the Greater Toronto Area and surrounding areas. It is anticipated that the work week will be 30-40-hours per week, with an hourly wage of CAD$30.00 per hour. Overtime may be required depending on project-needs and will be paid in accordance with employment legislation.

Specific responsibilities of the position will include:
 Rough carpentry including building foundations, structural framing, installing floor beams, laying subflooring, erecting walls and roof systems.
 Finish carpentry including building and installation of cabinetry, trim work, crown moulding, decks, doors, windows, exterior siding, shelving and furniture.
 Assisting with specialty historic restoration with flatter and wooden framing, lathe work, and creating the mould and wood carvings for historic plaster.
 Interpreting blueprints, drawings and construction plans to determine project specifications and measurements.
 Building, maintaining, repairing and renovating structures in residences and commercial spaces.
 Using various tools to prepare plans and ensure projects comply with building codes.
 Measuring, cutting and assembling various materials, such as wood and lightweight steel, as required by various projects.
 Supervising, scheduling and co-ordinating subcontractors and trades people.
 Ensuring that actions are taken to mitigate safety risks and hazards. This includes inspecting work areas, tools and equipment and keeping tools and equipment in good working order.

It is estimated that approximately 60% of the weekly schedule will be spent on client sites. The remaining 40% will be spent at our office/workshop, building and assembling individual pieces as much as possible prior to installation on site. Additional responsibilities performed at our office location would include the following:

 Preparing cost estimates and evaluations for clients.
 Communicating with clients on the progress of the job and the estimated time for project completion.
 Maintaining the workshop and inventory.
 Researching new techniques and materials, and keeping up to date with local building, health and safety codes.

In order to fulfill the requirements of the position, the following skills and experience are required:

 A minimum of five (5) years work experience in carpentry, two (2) years of which must have been after completing a certification in carpentry.
 Canadian Red Seal qualification, or certification in carpentry from Australia, New Zealand, United States of America, United Kingdom, or Scotland.
 Previous work experience in and extensive knowledge of rough carpentry including demonstrated ability to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, and erect walls and roof systems.
 Previous work experience in and extensive knowledge of finish carpentry including demonstrated ability to build and install cabinetry, crown moulding, decks, doors, windows, exterior siding, shelving and furniture.
 Knowledge of historical restoration principles and plaster materials and techniques.
 Possess a valid driver’s license in Canada and be willing to travel to client sites as required.
 Has own hand tools, basic battery powered tools and CSA approved safety boots.
 Physically capable of lifting up to 100 pounds.
 Proficiency in English, as communication with clients and project planning will be conducted in English.

A company vehicle will be provided to travel between client locations.

K. Reid Renovations Ltd. is registered at 229 Pannahill Road – Suite 6, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3H 4N9

Interested candidates, please send your resumes to: k.reidrenovations@gmail.com
Job Code
7271
Employment Type
Full-Time
Job Location
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Required Trades
Carpenter
Required Certifications
N/A
Job Posted Date
2019-11-04
Total Views
25
Total Applications
0